30 April 2012
Party Salmon Platter
Fancy molded salad is its company star to frame with zippy-seasoned vegetables.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Glazed Salmon Mold (recipe follows)
2 medium-size yellow squashes
1 package (10 ounces) frozen Fordhook lima beans
1 can (1 pound) sliced beets, drained
1 envelope onion salad-dressing mix
1 head Boston lettuce, separated into leaves
1. Prepare Glazed Salmon Mold and chill.
2. Wash yellow squashes; trim ends, then quarter each lengthwise;cut in 2-inches sticks. Cook, covered, in a small amount of boiling salter water in a medium-size frying pan 20 minutes, until tender; drain.
3. Cook lima beans, following label directions; drain.Place squashes, beans and beets in separate shallow dishes.
4. Prepare salad dressing mix with vinegar, water and salad oil, following label directions. Drizzle part over each vegetables; cover.Chill at least 1 hour to season and blend flavors.
5. When ready to arrange platter, place Glazed Salmon Mold in the center of a large platter. Arrange lettuce cups around edge; fill with seasoned vegetables. Garnish with sprigs of fresh dill, onion rings, pimiento strips and dill pickle slices, if you wish.